Lava stone originates from Mt. Vesuvius magma eruptions, it is stronger than marble and very much sought-after.
Scratching the stone, modeling its shapes, mixing up the materials the bear the marks of history and time. These are the trademarks of craftsmen working with passion and sensitivity, transmitting their love for nature, everyday life and idyllic lifestyle.
Sinuous bodies and marks are the details of an intense life seeking its exteriorization through the use of materials. This feeling reveals a deep perception of reality and presents the viewer with the imagination of being.
- Bulk density: 2.795 Kg/m3
- Moisture absorption: 10,20 %
- Compression breaking load: 113,4Mpa
- Tangent modulus: 25,032Mpa
- Secant modulus of elasticity: 18,347 Mpa
- Indirect tensile rupture: 10,7 Mpa
- Abrasion resistance: tribological abrasion coefficent: 4,37 mm
- Impact breaking (minimum height fall): 63 cm
- Knoop microhardness: 4825 MPa